Our Java License Assessment Service & Analyzer is designed to provide customers a deep dive into current usage patterns to avoid compliance penalties.
Java’s licensing maze
For enterprises worldwide, navigating the ever-shifting landscape of Java licensing has become a growing headache. Oracle’s recent overhaul of the Java license metric has drastically inflated the cost of Java usage, with estimates suggesting a 10-fold to 14-fold increase.
This squeeze forces organizations to rethink their Java footprint, starting with a clear picture of their existing deployments.
Scope of Work in our Java License Assessment Service
The scope of our Java License Assessment Service includes:
- Java deployment discovery
- Data Normalization & Identifying to Oracle Java Agreements
- Contracts & Entitlement Analysis (Oracle and third party)
- Normalization with third party entitlements
- Normalization with other Oracle entitlements
- Negotiations and Hand Holding
Java Deployment Discovery & Raw Data Reporting
- Raw data discovery
- Support troubleshooting for the discovery
- Report Raw Deployment – with the Hostname, Path, Publisher, Version, Product information as scanned
Data Normalization & Contracts Analysis
- Process Raw Data – incl virtual env mappings
- Classify deployments into Oracle, Non-Oracle, OpenJDK and various Oracle Java agreements
- Normalization with Oracle and third-party entitlements
- Provide processed Deployment Report with Product information as scanned and thereafter Classification of Deployment
- Determine license requirements on as is basis post completion of discovery
- Remediation and Rebalancing Recommendations
- Oracle deal structuring advisory
Negotiations & Hand-Holding
- Reviewing and drafting communication from/to Oracle
- Strategic and tactical plays for negotiations
- Reviews of commercial offers and agreement terms
- Participation in negotiations.
You might want to read more about our CEO Sheshagiri Anegondi (Sheshu). He is amongst the foremost Oracle License Experts globally. Contact him or our other Oracle license experts to know the details of Java license changes and Java cost to pay for.
While Java license changes are the hottest Oracle Licensing issues just now, we also do work on Oracle ULAs, Audit Defense and Vendor Management. Read this if you want to know the 12 steps for ULA Certification. Read here
About Rythium Technologies
Rythium Technologies is a leading provider of software license management (LMS) services. We help our clients reduce their software costs, manage their IT assets, and achieve compliance. Our Oracle LMS services include: Oracle ULA services, Java License Advisory, Oracle license audit defense, Oracle contracts management and Software Procurement consulting. We have worked on more than 200 Oracle license management projects in the past 7 years.